Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

Thursday, December 04, 2008

Are You TrueFaced?

Have you learned to wear a mask to hide your true identity?

Do you believe it's way too risky to show God and those closest to you (and even yourself) who you really are?

TrueFaced: Trust God & Others With Who You Really Are challenges us to take these masks off and be real with ourselves, God and others.

I must admit that though I love to read, it's much easier when I'm tired at the end of the day to veg in front of the TV than read, though reading is far more satisfying in the long run. I'm glad I chose to make the time to read this book. God has been showing me a lot about myself and how I have related to Him through the material.

We are asked to consider whether we really TRUST God, or whether we are more likely working to PLEASE Him, and what the difference there looks like. The book deals with unresolved issues we may struggle with, i.e. sins we've committed against others or that they've committed against us, how forgiveness really works and what it looks like in relationship, and learning what God's heart for us really looks like.

TrueFaced also speaks to the importance of being in a community of grace, where people will love and accept you right where you are, and how those people will help you learn to trust God with your whole heart, and all that you are, the good and the not so good. I'm still seeking out that community, but I know if I don't give up, God will provide it.

This book has helped me see that I've lived a lot of my life trying to please Him, rather than living in grace and realizing that what He wants most is for me to trust Him. And that He desires to walk alongside me (not condemn me!), so that we can work on my issues together. A much different perspective than my constant sense that I need to work on my sin alone to prove to Him that somehow I am good enough. Because I'm not good enough and I never will be. If I was good enough to deserve grace, I wouldn't need it. (reminds me of those righteous theologians, the Newsboys, who once sang "When we don't get what we deserve, that's a real good thing. When we get what we don't deserve, that's a real good thing." But I digress)

TrueFaced talks about how God has a specific dream for your life - a unique destiny He has mapped out for how He wants to use YOU to love others with the same grace He loves you with. And as you learn to trust Him more, He will reveal that specific plan to you, in His timing, once you're ready for it.

"Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us." --Hebrews 12:1

God longs to help each of us release the burdens of our lives that weigh us down and keep us from the path He has created for us to run.

I cannot recommend TrueFaced more highly. You will be impacted by reading this book! And if you do pick it up, I'd love to hear what God has to say to you through your reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment