Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

"All My Tears" by Jars of Clay

I was listening to this song this morning and reflecting on how powerful the lyrics are. I'm guessing the premise for the song comes from Revelation 21:4: "He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away."

We truly are only here for a short time, like a mist in the wind, and then our lives will be over. In light of that, what could matter more than getting to know Jesus better every day? Those who have accepted Christ will spend eternity in His presence and all the troubles of this world will be done. All the pain, all the suffering, all the misery, all the tears - wiped away!

We'll have eternity in paradise - what an amazing gift grace is!

Here are the lyrics - check the song out if you don't know it - from the excellent album "Good Monsters":

"All My Tears"

When I go, don't cry for me
In my Father's arms I'll be
The wounds this world left on my soul
Will all be healed and I'll be whole
Sun and moon will be replaced
With the light of Jesus' face
And I will not be ashamed
For my Savior knows my name

It don't matter where you bury me
I'll be home and I'll be free
It don't matter where I lay
All my tears be washed away

Gold and silver blind the eye
Temporary riches lie
Come and eat from Heaven's store
Come and drink and thirst no more

So weep not for me, my friends
When my time below does end
For my life belongs to Him
Who will raise the dead again

What joy we have to look forward to - praise Jesus for His mercy on our wretched souls. Amen?!

No comments:

Post a Comment