Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

An Up-Down Conspiracy? or Reflections On How English Is A Really Weird Language

Follow me DOWN the proverbial rabbit hole, if you feel UP to it...

This is a verbal checkUP - I'd offer a checkDOWN but it just can't happen.

Once you pick this UP it's hard to put it DOWN.

We can sit UP or DOWN, but only listen UP.

You can be beat UP or suffer from a beat DOWN but can only jot things DOWN and only look things UP.

We can calm or settle DOWN but not UP.

I can be DOWN in the dumps, but never UP in them.

We could hook UP for coffee later but could never hook DOWN, whether we wanted to or not.

What's UP with that?

I can be DOWN for the cause, but only UP to the challenge.

I can only straighten UP but not in both directions.

Why do touch DOWNs and touch-UPs have so very little in common?

I could move DOWN under but not UP it.

It would be quite chaotic to be dressed DOWN while being dressed UP.

You wanna get DOWN with some more or have you had it UP to here with this?

Just thought I'd break it DOWN for you.

I was UP to my neck in deadlines writing this so it came DOWN to the wire & I was UP all night finishing it.

Ultimately, it all boils DOWN to this:

It's UP to you to decide if you're DOWN with what I'm saying.

And for the record, I did just DOWN some 7-UP, but no, I'm not Catholic - why do you ask?!

I'm OUT.

No comments:

Post a Comment